THE KAPPA CHAPTER OF DELTA SIGMA PI
Delta Sigma Pi was founded in 1907 at New York University School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance by Harold Valentine Jacobs, Alexander Frank Makay, Alfred Moysello and Henry Albert Tienken.
Part of that founding was to form a brotherhood of people from diverse walks of life, at a time when other organizations excluded certain groups from membership. A great strength of our Fraternity is a membership as diverse as the business world, for which we are preparing our members. We are a mixture of different voices from different backgrounds that challenge fixed ways of thinking and lead us to excellent ideas at both the chapter level and in the business world.
We were the first professional business fraternity to go co-ed, admitting women in 1975. We welcome into our membership students of business who meet professional standards of admission, and our policies allow no exclusions based on race, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Today, Delta Sigma Pi has over 300 collegiate and alumni chapters and over 260,000 members around the world.
The Kappa Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi was founded on March 12th, 1921. The Kappa Chapter is the 10th chapter of DSP and is one of two chartered business fraternities on Georgia State University's campus. Over the chapter's 102 years chartered, it has had 2173 inducted brothers and counting!